Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Places to visit

Artnavy tagged me last week to do a post on places I'd like to visit.

Here's my take on it

Places I’d like to visit

  • Not too warm, not cold either
  • Comfortable clean hotel, good food options available
  • A little scenery, some culture and lots of history
  • Preferably not a land of thugs and thieves
  • Where there’s enough to keep sonny enticed, hubby busy(Best Buy within 1 mile radius –BIG plus, free high speed internet – another BIG plus) and therefore me relaxed.
  • Where the American dollar runs a 100 miles (am I or am I not a cheapie?)
  • Where the sun shines not too hard, where the wind blows not too soft, where time stops not too long, where there was a civilization not too short, where the people smile not too much, where rain patters not too little, where food is spicy not too much, my heart longs to be there- o so much!

And if I have to define the places - Europe – all of it.

  • Specifically Rome with all its churches and cathedrals and museums,
  • Paris – I’d love to sit and idly have my coffee in the corner cafes – but I know that’s not possible with sonny around, potter around Le Louvre, take in the grandeur of the Versailles…
  • Spain – go during the tomato harvesting season and watch the tomato fights
  • Italy – the men….swooooonnn
  • Istanbul – people say it’s very beautiful
  • Egypt – mummies here I come
  • London – and say hi to the queen
  • Maldives – apparently local cuisine is something else
  • Bangkok – people tell me – street shopping is divine here
  • Russia – just have got to see St. Petersburg
  • Kashmir – but not at the cost of safety

    O yes, all these places in summer. I hate cold!

But most of all I’d like to go home – where I haven’t been – in the last 2 and half years!

3 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. I am a recent stay-at-home mom too and still haven't got used to all the free time I have once the kiddies are off to school. So, at the moment my favourite pass time is blog-hopping and that's how I got here.

YOu have got a nice blog here. Loved 'the world this week' :-)

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Something to Say said...

hi nz, welcome to my blog! do keep visiting - and thanks for the thumbs up!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Usha said...

Where the sun shines not too hard, where the wind blows not too soft, where time stops not too long, where there was a civilization not too short, where the people smile not too much, where rain patters not too little, where food is spicy not too much, my heart longs to be there- o so much!

Lovely - yes my heart longs to be there too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home