Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Shaitaan ka naana!

I dont know how else to translate the title, except to say that its a term usually applied to a very mischievous person.

A few days ago, I posted about how sonny was making sure I wasn’t short on excitement.

Here’s another one of his ‘doings’.

The place we stay in is centrally air-conditioned. Every few hours, I throw open a window – just to let fresh air in. I live in my self-formed belief, that central air-conditioning means you keep breathing in stale air – and hence the need for fresh air.

Anyways, I was in the kitchen (as usual) when I saw sonny going through the dust bin. Sonny’s future as a jamaadar (waste collector) was clear in my eyes. Sonny picked up an empty juice container and proceeded to play with it. He walked out of the kitchen with the jar.

It was all quiet for a while, so I went to check on him. Found him standing under one of the open windows, stretching himself, on his toes to reach out. Sonny is 3 feet tall and the window is at 4 feet – so he really has to stretch. Turns out, sonny had one of hubby’s slippers in his hands and was making an all out bid to throw it out of the window. He protested loudly when I grabbed it from his hands.

I turned to look for the other slipper. Didn’t find it anywhere in the house. Mother’s instinct made me look out. And there it was the second slipper on the ground floor, right beneath our window. Lying next to it – was the empty juice container. Loud shrieks followed – mine on unearthing one more of sonny’s ‘doings’ and sonny’s at the frantic activity that followed to rush down and claim the slipper – before one of the alert housekeeping staff trashes it.

I need not add – that these days I open the windows only when sonny has his naps.

The next day, hubby and I were in the midst of a discussion, when sonny was found missing. We found out, he’d grabbed hubby’s slippers again and was making the rounds of the windows to ascertain which one was to be used to throw the slippers out.

O this boy!!!!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Just Like That said...

LOLOLOL Dunno why kids have this affinity for slippers.
Sonny boy prefers wearing them on his hands!
Pls ensure that slippers are safe from jamadaars- internal and external. ROFL

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger annie said...

How cute!! he shud keep you on your toes :)

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Usha said...

Poor kid, needs some play mates I think.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Anusha said...

LOL! what 'excitement' indeed.
and the jamadaar bit - I am convinced K is working along those lines too!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger The Perfect 10 said...

I also think that being in a central ac means breathing stale air so I too try to open windows for sometime..

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger The Perfect 10 said...

In case you wonder who The Perfect 10 is, remember Worli Sea Face and Alibag.. It is none other than One Third of the story, left behind back home...

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

LOL! "Trying to find an open window" shows he is a determined fellow :D

Gettingtherenow

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger ~nm said...

Hahahaha....sorry but you ain't getting any sympathies from me. :D

I just can't seem to stop laughing!

And girl you are too good with words! Too good!

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Why do kids love to throw things out of any available window/balcony door?

They know that what they're doing is a no-no ! :-)

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

LOL! How does it occur to them to do these things? I mean, it's not like he ever saw you throwing chappals out of the window....

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger How do we know said...

Isn't he a gem of a guy? He is perseverant and imaginative!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Bla said...

Sonny is a "pakostnik" - "mischievous/naughty guy" in Bulgarian. :)

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Itchingtowrite said...

last para was hilarious. i laughed out loud sitting in office

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger WhatsInAName said...

lol :)

Lucky you dont have a well in your house! I had to fish out my slippers from a well once when I had visited a cousin of mine in TN!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home