Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finally - Something Said!!!

Poppins, nm, Just Like That, Tharini, art, TAP, fuzzy, orchid, mad momma, and all those who stopped by and wondered, "what the hell happened to her?", I owe you guys a HUGE apology. 6 months and not 1 word - you have a right to be angry and mightily pissed with me.

But I hope the news I will share with you - will alleviate - if only a bit.

I AM PREGNANT!!!

And the last 6months have been spent - running.
Running to throw up - for the nth time
Running to hide my nose - for fear of the unknown smell that'll cause a throw up.
Running to chase sonny.
Running to keep in-step with a jet setting hubby.
Running to shop (o yes that too)
Running to take sonny to the bathroom for fear of an accident (in all this - I even attempted toilet training)

Finally the last 2-3 weeks have been reasonably peaceful.

And so I have been trying to clear my in-box(monumental task that), get the house in order, rest, sleep, cook...... the works.

I discovered I was pregnant, 5 days before we were to fly to Canada to get our visa in order. In the midst of all the other things to take care of - I had to run around, find a doctor, get tests done, get 3months worth of anti-nausea pills and other medicines prescribed, wind down the house and fly to the US.
Sis-in-law graciously agreed to house this pest(and her lil pest) while hubby went criss-crossing between the US, Montreal, Ottawa to get the papers in order. Like a sentinel she (and her hubby) guarded me, pushed food down my throat, made sure medicines went down, kept an eye over sonny, kept him entertained, took me around to see the place, took me shopping (hoping that would keep my churning tummy diverted) and became my doctor, my mom, my friend, my philosopher, my guide.....thank you so much BB and AB. I can honestly never, ever, thank you enough for all that you've done for me.

That done a 13 week pregnant STS, then flies to India - where she leeches onto her parents-in-law. While hubby's visa issues were taken care of in Canada - moi required a visa to be issued out of New Delhi. Hubby chasing out of Riyadh(yes he had to come back and re-join work), and us chasing out of Lucknow, going back and forth many times - we finally got the damned visa. Not to mention trying to explain - why a pregnant woman cannot (unless under dire circumstances) get an X-Ray - to doctors, visa officials, agents.

Finally a 6 month pregnant STS lands back in Riyadh. To a house where hubby has been living for the past 2-3 months. And yet STS needed 2 weeks to clean it enough - so that it was habitable.

Decided to get sonny enrolled in the neighbourhood Montessori. Which required toilet training. So for over a month I labored, bent, heaved, ran just to make sure sonny understood exactly what was required of him - on the pot.

Phew!!!
As we stand today - sonny has begun school. His school experiences are matter for another post. I get 4 hours everyday - to rest, cook, organise and now even post, until sonny gets back.


I am hoping for some peace, at least for a month. Hopefully by then in-laws will be here to ease the burden. And then the mad-house will get active again when the baby arrives.




P.S. : I hope someone reads this post - and not everyone has given up on me.

Labels:

24 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! congrats! thats great news! Its the baby season going on I guess :) Nice to see you back and wish you a great pregnancy ahead :)

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (And I'm still reading!)

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger ~nm said...

Phew!! Finally we hear from you!! congratulations!! So when are you due???

And how are you feeling now? Do write a status update post for us :)

take care, hugs and congratulations once again!!

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Wow, congratulations! You had mentioned you were relocating, so I thought you were just busy with all that - but this is GREAT news!

Join the gang - there's a bunch of bloggers all due in the next 3-4 months :-)

PS. This is Moppet's Mom, changed my nick, long story!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger B o o said...

Well, well, well! Congratulations and now how can we be cross at you after this wonderful news? You take care and update the blog more frequently. And welcome to the Preggie gang. On last count, we were...well... I ve lost count. ;)

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Asha said...

Congrats and take care! :)

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Swati said...

Congrats !!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Just Like That said...

Darling, you're BACK! :-D And HOW! Congratulations!!!!
Its wonderful to have you back, puke and all. :-D
And hey! this is almost like a virus- this pregnancy thing is very very catching! You take care and keep healthy and enjoy your pregnancy a 100 % Hugs to Sonny.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger The Reading Corner said...

wow congrats
take care

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Poppins said...

Yay you're back. All is forgiven, we missed you! I got tired just reading your post, can imagine how hectic it must've been.

I'm due in August, what about you? So while you were gone, here's the rest who are pregnant (with the second baby):
Moppet's Mom (now called Maggie)
Me
Kodi's mom

Dunno if you know any of the others so am not mentioning them..

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Cee Kay said...

Yes - I drop in occasionally to check on you too. You came back with a bang!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! My, you've had a busy pregnancy so far.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger the mad momma said...

oh my god. welcome back. we missed you so. congratulations!!!!!!!!! what awesome news. join the gang of second baby walas...

:D now i cant stop grinning.

http://thebratthebeanandbedlam.wordpress.com

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Lavs said...

Hearty congratulations:-0

I do not know whether I de-lurked earlier at your space. Can't remember!!! Join the preggie gang:-0 I have a baby tracker at my blog space. Do drop in when you have time.

Good luck!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Timepass said...

Congrats...

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

hey girl,
great to see you back!! and congrats on the second pregnancy..hopefully you are back for good this time :)

keep us updated, when are you due??

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Anusha said...

but of course!!!!
thats why the silence, why didn't I guess it before :)
am super glad you're back!! and hey, when are you due?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Savani said...

Super news! Congrats. Hope the nausea is better... When are you due?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Sunita said...

Congrats!! Just yesterday I was thinking about the lady whoz blog I had read who was in Riyadh .. and I was trying hard to reach your space...all because somebody mentioned desert queen ;).

Take care.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger How do we know said...

Congratulations lady!! And hats off to that courage! Hope it goes perfectly from here! :-)

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats!
When are you due?

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Indian in NZ said...

Congratulations !!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger ~nm said...

hey! Can you write to me at doiwrite@gmail.com? I need to talk to you about something. Its kind of urgent for me. Ok? Thanks in advance.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger WhatsInAName said...

Its never too late to say we missed you! Thats a great piece of news and congratulations :)

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Congratulations! Good to see you back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home