Tuesday, September 04, 2007

O Dear

what can the matter be?

Sonny no longer shows any interest in stepping out of the house.

No seriously, dont laugh. This kid would lunge for the door even if it was opened 1cm. He could hear the sound of the door opening a long distance away and would come running to be let out. Since it would be really really hot in the day, each evening, I'd take him and he'd run and scamper and push his stroller. And burn off a lot of excess energy. We've made it a practice to step out for a post-dinner walk, and the moment dinner was cleared, sonny could be found standing next to the door or pulling his dad off the couch.

These days, after he's had his evening snack - he continues to play with his cars or toys. My calls for 'baa-il' (his version of bahar or outside) fall on deaf ears. I open the door, still no response. I'm going, I warn him, he still continues to play. Finally, when I start to push his tri-cycle out of the house, is when he starts to take notice.

Once outside, this kid, who couldnt sit still, will stop me after a few paces and sit down on his tri-cycle, asking me to push him around instead. And we walk all over the compound in this fashion. I point out the flowers and birds and cars and babies and he sits and listens to me. Thats it. No further interest in wanting to get up or push the stroller or tri-cycle like he used to earlier.

Hubby thinks its the intense heat. It sure is hot. 40 C in the evenings is hot. But sonny has seen this hot phase earlier as well.
I think he's way too busy with his toys. He's got 2 cartons full of toys when our stuff came in from Montreal. He's old for some of them, but it doesnt hurt tossing them around, once in a while. Plus he's got his books too.

Or he's stricken with his father's disease. Laziness.

I wonder which one it is. Time will tell for sure.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Anusha said...

its the heat probably. or the intense concentration in indoor games. mine did that too all summer long.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger Just Like That said...

LOL at 'his father's disease'!!!

Must be the heat, hope things get better and he's back to scarpering for the open door soon.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Savani said...

lol :) its prolly the heat. Chip also wants to go home after 20 mins on the slide in 90 degree summer here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home