Saturday, August 25, 2007

This Virgo thingy

I have a strange relationship with Virgos. I manage to find them - no matter where I am. Its not like I am a believer of this sun-signs stuff. My sole recollection of Astrology is reading Bejan Daruwalla's weekly predictions in the Sunday Times, back in Mumbai. And that too - just for the heck. It would be forgotten even before breakfast was digested.

But this Virgo thing stuck to me. From the first day that I entered college - I was bench-mates (we shared the same bench/desk :) ) with a Virgo. And its a relationship that stood the test of time. And 16 years is a LOT of time. We've wept on each other's shoulders, jointly cursed the man who was responsible for the current condition, taken many silent walks on beaches - just being there for each other, became the anchor while the other went through a personal crisis, shared each other's good fortunes, bitched about other friends, complained about our moms, shared notes, shared secrets, shared crushes...... you know what I'm talking about.

And I think, she put this Virgo multiplier thingy onto me. Coz no matter where I went thereafter, there was a Virgo to look after me. A motherly Virgo boss, kindred Virgo office mates, Virgo clients...........and the icing to the cake was - a Virgo life partner.
So Aug 22- Sept 21 was a real busy time for me - I kept attending birthday party after birthday party.

So here's to all the Virgos in my life. Patient, meticulous, nit-picking, perfectionists, soft-hearted, emotional, passionate Virgos.

And today - the 2 very very very important Virgos in my life share their birthday. Hubby turns 33 today. And M, one of my dearest, closest, friends turns..... well how does it matter? She's as old as I am and its certainly less than 33 ;)

Happy birthday hubby darling. And happy birthday dearest M. I wish the 2 of you long lasting happiness and the love and companionship of this scatter brained, chaotic, laid-back Gemini for ever and ever (yes you two can never get away from me) ;)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Alan said...

It's easy to find Virgos because there are so many of them. We have several in our family and know many others as well. Why are there so many Virgos? Go back nine months and it's the cold dead of winter. People gotta stay warm. ;)

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you my dearest.
Hubby........R

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Tharini said...

...sweet post. By the same token, I always manage to pack in ample Geminians in my life. Best friend, MIL, son, colleague...

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger the mad momma said...

Ah... happy birthday to hubby dear.. he's as old as the OA now

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger The Perfect 10 said...

my dear comrade mercurian, we all belong to the same planet.. and yes, i was only preparing you for the virgo life partner, so not to bother with all the profuse feelings.. Anyway, I am so overwhelmed with the dedication that I cannot find anything more to say at the moment, except that I too am really grateful for the first day when we shared a bench all those years ago.. I do miss you a lot..

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Cute ! My poppin's a Virgo too :)

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Just Like That said...

Happy B'day to your Hubby.:-)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Gauri said...

Oh well STS - guess what - you found a Virgo in Blogsville too - Me is a Virgo :-)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home