Friday, January 19, 2007

Style-behen!!

Art has tagged me to do a style-check on myself. Here's my take.


A room with curtains drawn.
From the outside it looks like any other room. When the wind blows you get a sneak peak into whats going on inside. Hopefully what you see will keep you hooked onto taking more peeks.


What do you see?

A Veggie: The tomato. Is it a fruit? Or a vegetable? I don’t know. By myself, I don’t amount for much – but I defi add tang to other’s lives.


A Color: I’d be yellow – bright, sunny and happy.


A Dish: I’d be the ubiquitous yellow dal(lentils) – which I make everyday. I’d like to give it a break – but hubby and sonny can’t do without it.


An Ice cream: I’d be my fav maple syrup with walnuts – local flavor with a crunch!


A Fabric: I’d be cotton. Indian to the core, natural & easy on the skin. If you’re picky you might have problems with maintenance.


A Country: Switzerland. Known for her neutrality.


A Fictional character: I’d be cross between Wendy (from Peter Pan) and Linus. The eternal worrier who needs a security blanket. But once she found her Peter Pan – she gave up her home to fly across to his world (needless to say, tugging her security blanket).


A season: I’d be spring. Sometimes bright and sunny, sometimes cold and rainy.


A fruit: Apple. Wholesome, complete – has its own flavor and yet blends easily into a fruit salad. You cant have too many problems with the apple.


A piece of Furniture: Definitely arm-chair. Relaxed, easy-going.

14 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomato - good take on that one.
I'll have to think hard about what I would be - interesting question now that I look deeper at it :)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger By Deepa and Supriya said...

Hello Style-Behen :)
Nice! I think I kind of imagined you as being yellow, spring and cotton from what I read and now I know the rest :)

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey STS that was a good post, I love cotton too.

Also just read 'through the eyes of FOB'. very well written - had a good laugh :-)Desi female drivers are not that bad - so far in ten years I got only one ticket !

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

really well written post, crisp like an apple :)
-k's mom (@)

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's terrifying that when I think of which vegetable I could be, only a big fat aloo comes to mind! Screeech!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Usha said...

Sunny, happy and sweet huh!
Enjoyed getting to know you!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

Having an apple, sitting on am arm-char...that too in Swiz will be like dream come true...

hmmmm...

Hmmmmmmmm....


:)

Cheers....nice tag :)

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Fuzzylogic said...

I liked your choices.These tags are fun,they do say a lot about the person.Great job!

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Artnavy said...

Very very nicely done

the room bit- too cool and the yellow daal LOL

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger karmic said...

Very well written. :)

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger iz said...

Interesting to read about you. And amazing that you could answer so many questions about yourself. I would be hopelessly bad at this!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Has to be me said...

Tag well done & got 2 know ya better! Im like the spring & cotton too! :)

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Something to Say said...

TAP: it sure is difficult likening oneself to veggies :)

Orchid: Ah! So you read me well :)

NZ: Thanks! And no offense meant to all lady drivers - maybe I've just run into the wrong ones.

K's Mom: thanks!

OJ: :) Stop being mean with yourself. Aloo indeed.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Something to Say said...

Usha: Pleasure's all mine :)

ArzOOn: Welcome! Suddenly I'm begining to like myself even more :)

fuzzy: thanks!

Art: yes, i like to delude myself with dal-kind-of statements :)

Sanjay: Thanks!

iz: Either i am good at this - or seriously narcissist

has to be me: Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home